Watering Tips for a Hot Summer
It’s shaping up to be a hot summer. Take care of your landscape this summer while saving water and reducing waste.
- Only water your plants in the coolest parts of the day: early morning or evening are the best times. This reduces evaporation and prevents leaf burn.
- Add mulch around established plants to retain moisture and keep soil temperatures cooler. Mulch acts as insulation and has the added benefit of keeping weeds down.
- Keep your grass a little longer to keep it greener. Raise the blades on your mower to preserve moisture in your grass.
- Install a smart irrigation system with weather sensors and timers to make sure that plants get the right amount of water when they need it.
- Water your plants deeply and less often for healthy roots that retain moisture. This saves water, time and hassle and is good for your plants!
Mountain View Landscapes performs landscape maintenance (including mowing services), irrigation installation and much more for commercial and residential properties in Gresham, Troutdale, Sandy, Damascus, Fairview, Welches, Estacada and Boring.